It's Zinio. The world's largest newsstand is available at your library!
View full digital copies of your favorite magazines; some issues have special features like video, audio and live links. Issues are available anytime!
Read online or download current or back issues to your computer or mobile device. You'll need a current Calcasieu Parish Public Library card!
The library subscribes to 160 magazines ranging from news, science & technology, sports, and travel. Want to know what titles are available? Here's the list!
- New users read the helpful info below.
- Returning users, login.
- A computer/device with internet access
- Calcasieu Parish Public Library card
- A valid email address
- A Zinio for Libraries (library collection) account plus a Zinio.com Reader/Viewer account. (You will be prompted to create one if you are new to Zinio.)
- The two accounts combined enables Library patrons to read magazines from the Library's collection plus allows you to sync your magazines across devices.
- Optional for reading magazines: a mobile device with the Zinio app installed
- (Quick tip: iPad/iPhone and Android users, before downloading the Zinio app, follow steps below.)
First Time Users - Create an Account:
(Quick tip: iPad/iPhone and Android users, before downloading the Zinio app, follow steps below.)
- Connect to the Calcasieu Parish Library Zinio collection webpage using your browser; NOT the app
- Click Create New Account button (top right hand side of page)
- Enter your library card #
- Click Validate
- Enter your email address/password/name
- Click Create Account
- A confirmation email will be sent from RB Digital Portal.
- Click on the link within the email to complete activation.
- Return to the Zinio webpage
- Click Return to Login
- Type your email address and password
Select a Magazine once you've created an account:
- Access the Calcasieu Parish Library Zinio webpage using your browser; NOT the app
- Select a magazine from CPPL's list. Zinio offers thousands of magazines for sale; only CPPL titles are free.
- Login to your Zinio account or create a new account.
- Click the Complete Checkout button.
- On next screen, to the right of the magazine cover, click sign in here
- The email address from the library account you created will appear in the email field.
- Enter your password and click "Continue" to create your Zinio account.
- The magazine you selected will be in your Zinio account.
- Click on the magazine image to start reading.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that the email address used to create your library account matches the email address used to create your Zinio account. If the email addresses do not match, the magazine will not be added to your Zinio account. The passwords don't have to be the same, but the email addresses must be the same.
Using a mobile device? Download the app after you have created your Library Zinio account.
- Activate device within the app. (Settings)
- Return to the Zinio page using your browser.
- Click on the magazine image.
- Magazine will automatically be added to the Zinio app.
- If you do not see your magazine title, click the Title tab located near the top right hand corner of the App's screen.